Subject: GSoC projects: Relocatable plugins or buflib in core

GSoC projects: Relocatable plugins or buflib in core

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:13:23 +0200

I'm interested in one of the two (with a slight preference for
relocatable plugins).

I would like to find out which one to apply for, so I want to ask a few
questions:

- Does the project have a preference, is one more important?
- Is one of them not enough for GSoC (JdGordon said he thinks reloctable
plugins is too small)
-- if one is too small, can it be made bigger with some extra work?
- Does one not work without the other?

But I'm also wondering if I should even apply for Rockbox as I can
imagine new students are preferred. I already had a project for Rockbox
last year and I'm involved for a longer time already.
But I'd really be happy to work on Rockbox again, as I really enjoyed it
last year. It was great fun for me, and rather successful.

Best regards.