Subject: ATA DMA on Sansa Player? Re: 3.8.1

ATA DMA on Sansa Player? Re: 3.8.1

From: Arno Wald <arno.wald_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 13:35:54 +0200

On 26.03.2011 22:23, Alex Parker wrote:
> r29503 - Switch off ATA DMA for all PP targets. There is sufficient
> evidence that ATA DMA causes sporadic lockups and static noise on
> several PP based players. This change is expected to fix FS#11746,
> FS#11764, FS#11775, FS#11846 and FS#11863.

As a Sansa e280 user (sorry, not a developer) I am very interested in
this patch, because my player shows the static noise issue. AFAIK this
player is a PP target, isn't it? If this is the case I wonder why it is
not listed in the modified files:
http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi?view=rev;revision=29476

Thank you,
Arno