Subject: Re: [gsoc] looking for a mentor

Re: [gsoc] looking for a mentor

From: Alex Parker <parker.alex.e_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 19:41:57 +0200

On 03/04/11 18:45, thomas.guinot_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been looking at Google summer of code subjects and i am really
> interested in applying for this subject :
> http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SummerOfCode2011#Apple_47Sandisk_47etc_Various_Docks_44_Remotes_44_Accessories
> The problem is that i still didnt find anybody on IRC who can tell me
> more about dock developement and mentor it.

Hi there,

Good to hear from you. A couple of starter questions on this subject:

Do you have any of the relevant hardware, such as an ipod or sansa, and
accessories?

Which would you envisage focusing on?

As far as I am aware the protocols are private, so reverse engineering
will be required; do you have any experience in this area?

Alex