Subject: "Rockbox is an open source firmware for mp3 players"

"Rockbox is an open source firmware for mp3 players"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 00:02:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

The first line on our web page, kind of our mission statement, is not really
true these days, is it?

I don't think Maemo and Android devices really qualify as "mp3 players" or at
least I don't think many people think of them as such. And it's not even a
"firwmare" unconditionally anymore.

It kind of feels wrong when I read it. Should we bother to change the phrase
and if so, to what?

   "Rockbox is open source software for portable music players" ?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se