Subject: AA fonts

AA fonts

From: Alex Parker <>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 21:42:46 +0200

Hi all,

Now that we have AA font support, I think it'd be nice to ship so AA
fonts in time for 3.9 (when this feature will début).

So how should these be handled? If I understand correctly, we currently
have .bdf fonts in SVN, which are converted to .fnt when we make fonts.
  However, the AA fonts are converted directly to .fnt from .ttf using
convttf. Do we want to store the AA .fnts directly in SVN, or do we
want to generate them each time (in which case we would need the ttfs in

Also, naming - I think it'd be good to be able to distinguish AA and
non-AA by name (so people can use which they prefer). I propose adding
-AA to the filename, so we have e.g. 16-fontname-AA.fnt. Any thoughts?