Subject: Re: Playback Engine Rework - The basic rundown

Re: Playback Engine Rework - The basic rundown

From: asettico <asettico_at_rossomaltese.it>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:41:46 +0200

*In data 25/04/2011 19:39, Michael Sevakis ha scritto*:
> Good day all,
>
> With suffient time before a looming release, I would like to commit
> http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/12069 - Playback Rewrite - first
> stages. There is a small amount of follow up work to do immediately
> afterwords in the area of codecs that write directly into the WPS
> through the ID3 pointer, of which, thankfully, there are few.
>
> It has had significant testing not only by myself for a couple months
> but a few others over the last week or so and noone has reported any
> issues (not to me anyway).
[...]

Hello,

I played very quickly and for a really short time as now with the new
playback engine, but I experienced a behaviour more responsive. I
maintained the same settings, especially dircache and, at least,
changing track back and forth resulted more agile.

Really thanks! :-)
--
  ,= ,-_-. =.  asettico ~ [ http://rossomaltese.it/   ]
((_/)o o(\_)) OpenPGP ~~ [ 1024D/1CB926BA 2003-11-29 ]