Subject: Re: Playback Engine Rework - The basic rundown

Re: Playback Engine Rework - The basic rundown

From: Magnus Holmgren <magnushol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:42:11 +0200

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 01:45, Michael Sevakis <jethead71_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Could be that I regressed some part of the buffering that comes into play
> more often with smaller memory with Fuze. What Buschel is describing in IRC
> could be related, but maybe not. I would like to know from each person
> experiencing this:
>
> 1) Near a track transition (say, the last 2-3 seconds of  a track if not
> using crossfade) or not? Which audio formats are involved?

Not. Last time it was like one third into a track (and it was at least
several minutes long, probably much longer). It might have been at the
time of the first rebuffer after the initial buffering MP3 for sure
and perhaps Vorbis.

> 2) What are the thread states as reported by the OS stacks screen when
> things are stuck? (This helps tell just who is wrong). Codec with "B" while
> playing is bad and only should be present in a stopped state; it should be
> "*R" or flipping "*R"/"T" really fast - be sure to change refresh timing by
> holding down an inactive key or it can appears the codec threads is in one
> state but is really flipping between a couple.

I'll write that down the next time it happens (if I remember to...).

> 3) What config options?

Which are of interest? After removing some theme and LCD related
stuff, this is what's in config.cfg:

bass: -2
max files in playlist: 4000
max files in dir: 400