Subject: RE: USB charge buttons

RE: USB charge buttons

From: Mike Giacomelli <giac2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:29:26 -0700

Sounds good. Committed in Revision 29889.

Please report any problems created by this change.

> > I'd like to commit this:
> >
> > http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/11769
>
> I'd love to see this in. Like pondlife, I have a preference for having
> the option to reverse the behavior (default to charge only, any button
> press to connect), but I don't care particularly deeply.

I wonder how hard it would be to add a menu option to the top level menus when in charge mode that would enter UMS mode. Would make an option to enter charge mode by default a lot more practical I think. Android does it, but I'm not sure if our USB code can be enabled easily without physically inserting the plug.

That said, while I wouldn't really use a setting to change the default, I don't mind if someone else wants to commit it. Seems useful enough to some people.

Mike