Subject: Re: Playback Engine Rework - The basic rundown

Re: Playback Engine Rework - The basic rundown

From: Michael Sevakis <jethead71_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 22:54:05 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magnus Holmgren" <magnushol_at_gmail.com>
To: "Rockbox development" <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 2:48 PM

> * Album art doesn't always show up immediately. If I exit the WPS and
> return, it is displayed though. I haven't seen/tested it enough to
> know if it only applies to certain types of album art.

I'm going to put up a patch to address this ASAP, tonight I think. It'll
just have an event to tell when a delayed load has completed enough to
update all UI elements which won't be sent all the time but only for the
current user track when it completes the UI handles. Usually
PLAYBACK_EVENT_TRACK_CHANGE should be enough and in most cases all handles
are already opened by the time that is sent.

Mike