Subject: Re: FS#12107 - Remove track-number generation heuristic from database

Re: FS#12107 - Remove track-number generation heuristic from database

From: sideral <asieoniezi_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:27:15 +0200

Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de> writes:

> How extensive is the current guessing? I'm thinking that perhaps the
> quite common NN[-_]Title.mp3 could stay.

The problem is that everyone has his own idea of which scheme is "quite
common". The author of the current code seems to have an entirely
different understanding than you: The code looks for a track number at
the end of the title, not at its beginning, so a file name such as
"02 Ivan 1810.mp3" breaks the current heuristic. (See FS#12107 for a
more in-depth description of how the guessing works and when it breaks.)

I think it's better to avoid any surprises by removing the guessing
altogether.

sideral