Subject: Re: Informal poll, change to git?

Re: Informal poll, change to git?

From: Michael Sparmann <theseven_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 12:01:25 +0200

I'm one of the users who knows the basics of how git works, but hasn't
really actively used before.

I'm generally in favor of using a DVCS, but:

- Is git really the DVCS that's suited best for our purposes?
What about mercurial or bazaar? I know even less about those than I know
about git, but I think they deserve being evaluated as well.

- Which tools are available for the DVCS? Portability? Decent GUIs?
I really like to use something like TortoiseSVN for the more complex
tasks which aren't easy to perform on the command line, or require
remembering commands that you only need once in a blue moon.
I personally don't care whether there is a good tool set for windows or
linux, but there needs to be one for at least one of them, ideally both.

Just my two cents

TheSeven