Subject: Re: Informal poll, change to git?

Re: Informal poll, change to git?

From: John Morris <john_at_kirsta.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 07:25:22 -0700

On 05/31/2011 05:25 AM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 31.05.2011 11:28, schrieb Frank Gevaerts:
>> This selection of questions is actually very symptomatic of why I do
>> *not* want to switch to git. Git users seem to be very unwilling to
>> accept the mere existence of other similar tools as a rule, and that's
>> not something I wish to be associated with.
>>

> Well, we discuss git because that's what most of DCVS-people are used
> to. Why should we discuss a DCVS nobody knows if there's one that many
> people know and appreciate?

Mercurial is also well known. Google project hosting offers the choice
of Subversion or Mercurial, for example.

I have no issue with any of the well known DVCS's, but what's does
Rockbox gain by switching?

Subversion seems to be working just fine right now, and a change would
take a lot of work by somebody.

Regards,

John.