Subject: Re: Informal poll, change to git?

Re: Informal poll, change to git?

From: Rene Peinthor <peinthor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 07:56:44 +0200

It's a long time I did the last patch for Rockbox, but when I was working
for Rockbox the only easy option was git-svn. Simple because I could work in
my own local branch and prepare patches and keep them easily in sync with
trunk/master.

I think git would be the perfect choice, it would be easier for people not
having commit access to contribute or keep their patches in sync/work on
them.
I also wouldn't go for mercurial or bazaar as with building Rockbox you are
already bound to a POSIX system and git is the best DCVS performance wise.

Cheers
Rene