Subject: Re: RaaA - Default Theme Candidate: Testers Needed!!!

Re: RaaA - Default Theme Candidate: Testers Needed!!!

From: <st.lascivious_at_slingshot.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 23:20:17 +1200

Quoting Bryan Childs <godeater_at_gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:18 PM, <st.lascivious_at_slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> It came to my attention on IRC that a number of you are unaware that I was
>> working on this project, and that I should make it known as the state of
>> the
>> default theme for touchscreen devices is on the agenda for discussion
>> during
>> the upcoming DevCon.
>>

> Testing it now - but without your patched builds. I like the usability
> improvements in the WPS - don't like the font you've gone with at all
> though.

That's kinda odd...I thought it would be one that people would be
familiar with
on their Android devices.
It's generated from DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.ttf using convttf, if you
don't immediately recognise the name, it's the stock font for Android.

I have a fontset that I generated with those two files that consists of
a range
of 12~50px in 2px increments (12,14,etc.,48,50) that I would really
like to get
into svn at some point also...as presently we don't offer any
anti-aliased fonts
for download.

Additionally, I have also played around with the 480X800 theme since, and
decided the .wps looks a lot better using DroidSans-Bold than it does using
DroidSans...this is the same direction I took for the 240X320 port also.

Another slight change for the 480X800 port is that I have slightly
increased the
size of the UI viewport, used a slightly larger font for the userfont (lists,
menus, everything but the .wps and sysfont), and moved the entire UI viewport
upwards ~20px or so because the menus/lists seemed to start too low down the
screen.

I will put up a new set of updated themes after I have finished tinkering with
the few things I'm tinkering with, and post here and on the forum
thread when I
do.

[St.]