Subject: Standalone audio library update

Standalone audio library update

From: Sean Bartell <wingedtachikoma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 19:34:05 -0400

Hi all,

This is my first weekly update on the status of my standalone audio
library GSoC project. I've created a wiki page for the project[1].

As a warm-up task, I performed some refactoring on Rockbox's
codecs. I ended up removing/commenting unused code and making other code
static. The resulting patches are FS#12140, FS#12141, FS#12142, and
FS#12143, with the first two already committed.

I also found some basic information about each codec, and found a way to
encode each one (except SMAF and WMA Pro) with Audacity, FFmpeg, or
another Linux encoder. This will be useful later on, when I build the
test suite. I found and fixed bugs in ADX (FS#12130, committed) and Cook
(FS#12146).

Now that the warm-up task is complete, I'm going to start creating the
library. I'll first get the basic "codec executor" in FS#10243 working,
then gradually add features, remove dependencies, and make it build the
audio code as a library.

Sean Bartell

[1] http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/StandaloneAudioLibrary