Subject: Standalone audio library update 2

Standalone audio library update 2

From: Sean Bartell <wingedtachikoma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 02:30:19 -0400

Hi all,

In the past week, I created a program based on FS#10243 that uses the
Rockbox source to decode audio files. It has its own makefile that
includes some of the Rockbox makefiles in order to build the codecs as
shared libraries. The program can print metadata, play audio files via
SDL, or convert them to WAV. It's quite messy though, so I want to spend
a day or two cleaning it up before I publish it.

The next steps are:
- Clean up the program so it can see the light of day
- Add features to the program (test DSP, seeking, etc.)
- Compile an actual library, and make regular Rockbox builds use the
  library and makefile
- Make infrastructure for the test suite
- Remove dependencies, so the library requires less of Rockbox to build.
  I've gotten rid of most unnecessary source file dependencies, but the
  codecs still use many unnecessary header files.

Sean Bartell