Subject: Re: Git update

Re: Git update

From: Francisco Vila <paconet.org_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 17:35:48 +0200

2011/7/3 Torne Wuff <torne+rockboxdev_at_wolfpuppy.org.uk>:
> So, yeah, just letting you all know :) You don't have to clone them
> now; only bother if you want to experiment :)

Hello. This is a test patch from a translator. It just adds a line to
anotherfile.txt in the sandbox.git repository. If anybody with push
access could apply it for me, that would complete the dummy
translation process.

I have some experience on git from my work at the lilypond.org project
as the translation meister. If you find it useful, I could word some
notes on how to make sporadical contributors to submit git patches
from a read-only clone. The idea is to let authorized developers
follow the approval process and eventually apply the patch with 'git
am <patchfile>' provided the patch is crafted with

  git commit ; git format-patch HEAD^

patch attached.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)