Subject: Re: native widgets in android builds

Re: native widgets in android builds

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 17:46:09 +1000

On 4 July 2011 17:07, pondlife <pondlife_at_pondlife.me> wrote:
> Slightly OT - any chance this could somehow allow the user to choose native
> lists on RaaA?  It's something the Android build could sorely do with IMHO.

entirely off topic. No, this has nothing to do with android native
widgets. I'll repeat again what IMO is the correct way for that to
happen.
step 1) the playback engine is made into a library - being worked on in gsoc
step 2) a *entirely brand new* java UI is built around librockbox/warble iirc?
step 3) ???
step 4) no profit because it will still be OSS :)

That said, if someone really wanted to use the navie android list
widget in place of the rockbox one it could be relativly simply done.
apps/gui/list/bitmap.c is all that needs touching (in fact it is just
2 rockbox api functions to implement). The hardest part is making
android draw the list in a given bitmap View