Subject: struct dirent definitions ?

struct dirent definitions ?

From: Karl Koehler <koehlerkarl_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:11:17 -0700

Hi,

Trying to get my head wrapped around rockbox still, so I apologize if
this should be clear.
I see there are three "struct dirent" definitions, in
  firmware/include/dircache.h ( struct dirent_cached ),
  firmware/include/dir_unached.h ( struct dirent_uncached ),
and for the simulator
  uisimulator/common/io.c ( struct sim_dirent )

It seems that in the simulator rb->readdir can read into a sim_dirent
and return as dirent_cached, as defined in firmware/export/config.h .

My problem is: these structs are incompatible, and so code reading out
the dirent->d_name does not work.
I assume I have some configuration problem somewhere, but I'm lost...

Thanks,

 - Karl