Subject: Numeric display of volume for cabbie v2 (while changing volume)

Numeric display of volume for cabbie v2 (while changing volume)

From: Bertrik Sikken <>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 19:20:46 +0200

Hi all,

I'd like to get your attention for

This patch shows the volume in numeric while changing it,
for the clipv1, clipv2, clip+, making it possible to know the
exact volume setting in the WPS. After a second or so, the WPS
reverts to showing the volume bitmap again.

Personally, I very much enjoy knowing the exact volume when
changing it, and I find myself switching between WPS and list
view to just see the exact volume.

My questions for you are:
1) What do you think about doing this for all other targets too?
2) Can someone help me with this?

For the clips, it seems I can just do this with a very simple
conditional %?mv<%pv|... (show volume as numeric if volume is
being modified), but for other targets we might need to do
something more, like making sure that the numeric display is
properly aligned/centered. Perhaps we could also add "dB"
after the number for targets that have enough room.

With kind regards,
Bertrik Sikken