Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: GSoC/Buflib: Weeky report #5

Re: GSoC/Buflib: Weeky report #5

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 10:11:43 +1000

On 2 August 2011 02:56, Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> as I mentioned, I was very busy with exams for the past weeks. I finished
> them off last week (quite successfully too), so now I can concentrate on the
> GSoC project again.
>
> There's not a lot left actually. There are two patches pending:
>
> FS#12159 - GSoC/Buflib: Remove direct audiobuf accesses
> FS#12186 - GSoC/Buflib: Put extended buflib into core
>
> I intend to commit the first one quite soon. So this mail is also a request
> for testing this one out.
> The latter is not quite ready, but will be very soon (before the next
> weekend I hope).
>
> After that there's basically compaction enablement and regression testing
> left.
>
> Best regards.

The last patch on FS#12186 is from july 10? That is the most up to date version?

Going by last nights logs it still looks like you are not handling the
important use case where a file needs to be loaded into a handle? Did
I miss discussion or is that still correct? If it requires a
intermediary buffer then what's the point?