Subject: FS#10849 - Sleep timer options: persistent duration and start on boot

FS#10849 - Sleep timer options: persistent duration and start on boot

From: sideral <sideral_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 01:05:38 +0200

Fellow Rockbox hackers,

I'd like to commit FS#10849, which introduces two new features for the
sleep timer: The sleep duration is now a setting, so it's persistent
across reboots and doesn't have to be set each time the sleep timer is
used; and an option to engage the sleep timer on each boot. This patch
has been constantly rebased and improved over the last two years and has
quite a few users. I think it's mainly useful for DAPs used as bedroom
alarm clocks, but the persistent timer value is of help for all
sleep-timer users.

With the recent settings cleanup I think it is now a commit candidate.
Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Flyspray has two more patches based on this one which extend the sleep
timer with even more features: FS#10754 and FS#11042. These extensions
can be considered once this patch is in.

Cheers,
sideral