Subject: Re: FS#10849 - Sleep timer options: persistent duration and start on boot

Re: FS#10849 - Sleep timer options: persistent duration and start on boot

From: sideral <sideral_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 22:54:40 +0200

Thomas Jarosch <tomj_at_simonv.com> writes:

> I'm testing that exact patch since yesterday. The only big difference
> in usage (for me) is the persistent sleep timer value: Until now I
> always chose a value depending on how sleepy I was. So it was either
> 15 minutes or 30 minutes.

Thanks for your comments, Thomas!

You're right, with the present patch selecting a different sleep time
each time, while still possible, is not as easy as before. I'd be
interested in knowing whether any developer would NAK this as an
unacceptable regression.

I'm not opposed to making usability improvements for the use case you
mention, either pre- or post-commit of this patch; but I'd prefer to
postpone them until after the commit.

sideral