Subject: Re: FS#10849 - Sleep timer options: persistent duration and start on boot

Re: FS#10849 - Sleep timer options: persistent duration and start on boot

From: Hayden Pearce <saint.lascivious_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 04:44:11 +1200

On 16/08/2011 2:09 AM, "Thomas Martitz" <kugel_at_rockbox.org> wrote:

> Am 15.08.2011 16:00, schrieb Menachem:
>

>> do you then have to re-cancel the current timer every time you start the
player again?

> Only if you enabled the "start sleep timer on boot" setting.
>
> Can anyone enlight me why one would want to enable that?
>
> Best regards.

The patch author uses his DAP almost exclusively (or actually exclusively?)
at night whilst falling asleep.
I commented in IRC that I believed it was too specific to the authors use
case, but I guess it doesn't *have* to be enabled… so it won't particularly
bother those that don't use it unless the hit to the binary size is massive
(which when I checked wasn't the case).

[Saint]