Subject: Re: Settings reordering.

Re: Settings reordering.

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:12:04 -0500

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:05 AM, <bryan.childs_at_rbs.com> wrote:
> I think it's worth trying to set a guideline for the maximum desirable menu depth too - I don't think we'd want to go to fine grained for everything unless it's just otherwise unworkable?
>
> Bryan Childs

I'm really, really hoping that the process itself will end up with a
reasonable maximum depth. I don't want to define it in advance since
that could either limit us, or encourage us to make use of the full
option. Rather I'm hoping that as we categorize at each level, we can
ask "do we need to categorize the next level" and come up with a sane
answer.

There are cases where adding depth (equalizer subsettings, for
example) really has no cost and cleans things up, whereas other times
you're just clumping a few only loosely related settings together.
Hopefully the intelligent assignation of categories will handle this.
Hopefully.