Subject: Re: Discussion regarding reordering the main/root menu

Re: Discussion regarding reordering the main/root menu

From: Hayden Pearce <saint.lascivious_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 18:56:09 +1200

> Right, second try....now I'm reading this on a much larger screen.

As Jonathan said in his initial post he's totally willing to accept the
Settings items be listed as they were in their original home of
the Settings menu (my personal preference), and not in a Settings sub-menu
under System.

I misinterpreted Johannes' mail and thought he believed there were to be
both System *and* Settings menu entries in the main menu, apologies again
for this.

I too, would find it slightly weird if the items that previously resided in
Settings were to be moved to a subdirectory under System but I do not worry
about this too much, as Jonathan has expressed his willingness to remove the
System - Settings subdirectory as an alternative to his proposal.

There is a Google Docs document I created a while ago now that we've
(Jonathan and I) been working from, which anyone with the link is free to
edit.
Perhaps this might shine some light on our thoughts regarding the menu
structure.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HP7_TmvNdTlyHUdhmMzDRhK8MMcdOZuL6oDT--1UMLs/edit?hl=en_US

My favoured layout is "[Saint]'s Proposed Layout #3".

Please don't edit anyone's proposals directly, but rather append your own
proposals to the bottom of the document and feel free to add comments
describing why you favour X over Y, or why Z in unacceptable to you.

[Saint]