Subject: Re: Git/gerrit migration status and next steps

Re: Git/gerrit migration status and next steps

From: Alex Parker <parker.alex.e_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 09:02:28 +0100

On 07/09/11 08:42, bryan.childs_at_rbs.com wrote:
>> Do we really want to allow commits directly? so little of our code ever gets
>> reviewed so I would quite happily force everyone to go through gerrit and
>> require someone else to OK it. It isnt hard to get someone else in IRC to have
>> a quick look and push the button.
>
> Absolutely against requiring this.
>
> We trust committers to do "the right thing".
>
> If you have a patch you think needs this - submit to refs/for/master.
>
> For small commits, this would be a completely pain in the arse, and totally unwarranted.
>

> Bryan Childs

I'm with Bryan, very against requiring getting a "review". If you are
just going to ask someone to click the button without doing a review
then it is pointless, and if every change is going to need one it is
going to be a massive pain in the arse.

If people feel they want a review then great, go via the review
mechanism of gerrit. Just don't force it.

Alex