Subject: Re: Git/gerrit migration status and next steps

Re: Git/gerrit migration status and next steps

From: Nils Wallménius <nils.wallmenius_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 13:38:09 +0200

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 1:12 PM, <bryan.childs_at_rbs.com> wrote:

>> That's the whole point of a test, to see how it works out, you seem certain
>> that it *can't* work which i find overly negative. Of course we can't force
>> people to do anything but i think this will encourage people to review, if it
>> turns out it doesn't work, we disable it.
>>
>> Nils
>
> I just don't see why if you're see keen on testing this feature, why you can't just *voluntarily* have your contributions submitted for review? Why do you have to make every commit require review?
>
> Bryan

> The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312.
> Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.
> Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. The
> Royal Bank of Scotland N.V. is authorised and regulated by the
> De Nederlandsche Bank and has its seat at Amsterdam, the
> Netherlands, and is registered in the Commercial Register under
> number 33002587. Registered Office: Gustav Mahlerlaan 350,
> Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V. and
> The Royal Bank of Scotland plc are authorised to act as agent for each
> other in certain jurisdictions.
>
> This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.
> If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please
> return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the
> message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily
> secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc and The Royal Bank of Scotland
> N.V. including its affiliates ("RBS group") does not accept responsibility
> for changes made to this message after it was sent. For the protection
> of RBS group and its clients and customers, and in compliance with
> regulatory requirements, the contents of both incoming and outgoing
> e-mail communications, which could include proprietary information and
> Non-Public Personal Information, may be read by authorised persons
> within RBS group other than the intended recipient(s).
>
> Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of
> viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward
> transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will
> not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted
> by the RBS group in this regard and the recipient should carry out such
> virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.
>
> Visit our website at www.rbs.com

I guess we will see if people use the review stuff voluontarily but i
expect not as it's easier to just push directly (as we do it now). If
everyone has to get their changes reviewed i think that would make
people more inclined to review other people's chnges. But that's just
a guess and as i said i would find it interesting.

Nils