Subject: Re: The next release version

Re: The next release version

From: Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 03:47:57 +0200

On 25-09-2011 02:20, Paul Louden wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Jonathan Gordon<jdgordy_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> 3 - no other target has caused a major bump so why should android
>> be different?
>
> I do agree 3.10 looks a bit funny. But on the issue of Android being
> different from the other targets, it's more the transition from
> "Rockbox as a firmware" to "Rockbox as an App" that is what makes it
> somewhat unique. It's less about Android specifically, but Android is
> sort of the poster child of "as an app" at the moment.

+1. 2.x->3.x was when SWCODEC was added (and initially 3.0 was planned for
Archos+Iriver Hxx0 only IIRC). I'd say the addition of (releasable) Raaa
is on the same level.

Also, how does 3.10 looks funny? I really don't see why. The . is not a
decimal point - just a separator. So many pieces of software uses this
method it's a complete non-issue in my opinion.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk