Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Re: The next release version
Re: The next release version
On 25/09/11 23:50, Michael Sevakis wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: Mike Giacomelli
> To: rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se
> Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:58 PM
> Subject: RE: The next release version
>>> Would prefer to stay at 3.x until we're ready to release the app on
>>> the android market.
> Things seem awfully shaken up right now, with some major overhauls to
> the playback system, buflib, RaaA (which is pretty rough around the
> edges), etc. I vote to delay for bugfixes' sake. I need time myself and
> haven't had much lately with being Bob Villa and Jack Hanna at the same
> time. I might need Al Gore to fight for me to stop time erosion and if
> that won't work, scream alot until the schedule has been cleared (which
> might just work).
> If "release early and release often" takes precedence, then who am I to
> pretend impose?
I wasn't actually talking about delaying the release at all, just
whether it should be called 3.10 or 4.0. If you feel it should be
delayed (and it won't be for RaaA don't forget), then that's a different
Received on 2011-09-26
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew