Subject: Re: Releasing the android app (was: The next release version)

Re: Releasing the android app (was: The next release version)

From: Thomas Martitz <>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:44:29 +0200

Am Mo, 26.09.2011, 11:22 schrieb Björn Stenberg:
> Thomas Martitz wrote:
>> Then 4.0 is vaporware. At least I see no movement towards an RaaA
>> release.
>> It still needs actions from the swedes (current build signing, market
>> account).
> I disagree. It is not the paperwork that is holding the android app from
> the Market. It is the fact that it is still immature. It still feels like
> a "Rockbox emulator", rather than a full-blown android music player app.

Whether immature or not (fwiw, I disagree), we don't even have current
builds do promote it to unstable, for a broader audience and perhaps new
You see it as an "Rockbox emulator" because you know Rockbox so well. I
dont think newcomers have the same impression.

Furthermore, every guy I installed Rockbox for liked it. The UI isn't as
horrible as some people think and the features are just awesome, so I
don't see why we should not release (tbh, my list spacing patch was
applied on all installations ;) ).

Release early, release often.

Best regards.