Subject: Re: Releasing the android app (was: The next release version)

Re: Releasing the android app (was: The next release version)

From: Hayden Pearce <>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:16:23 +1300

On 26 September 2011 23:05, Amaury Pouly <> wrote:

> Whether immature or not (fwiw, I disagree), we don't even have current
>> builds do promote it to unstable, for a broader audience and perhaps new
>> contributors.
> I agree with this point: if we don't provide a RaaA build, there will
> likely be too few people testing it to get real feedback. Furthermore, we
> -as Rockbox developers- are not the most objective people to judge usability
> on such targets imho. Furthermore, people interested in android development
> might help the port if they feel they can bring something to us, no ?
> Regards
> PS: I have no android device so I might be saying complete nonsense :)

I'd like to see it up for testing by users.
Actual, sanctioned builds, as opposed to rasher's builds that if you don't
know they're there you'll likely never find.

I may be biased by my RaaA theme work, which in a way is fair I think, I've
worked hard to get a usable touch-friendly UI up and running and I'd really
like to see some feedback from the general public.