Subject: Re: New Firmware for Sansa Clip+

Re: New Firmware for Sansa Clip+

From: Bertrik Sikken <bertrik_at_sikken.nl>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 10:48:04 +0200

On 8-10-2011 12:07, Ted Neal wrote:
> Just thought I would let you all know that there is a new F/W for the
> Clip+ that was just released yesterday that is incompatible with Rockbox
> as of this message. I got the .15 F/W off the google cached site to tide
> me over with Rockbox. Keep up the great work guys!

Thanks for letting us know.

This firmware has been shipping on new clip+ players for a while,
but wasn't available as an firmware update image until now.

I've tested it to see if this firmware can work with rockbox, and it
turns out it can so I've updated our patching utility (mkamsboot).

It will take until the next release of RockboxUtility to allow
automated install of rockbox combined with this sandisk firmware.

Kind regards,
Bertrik