Subject: Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 01:12:38 +1100

On 8 October 2011 23:36, Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com> wrote:
> If this is already possible in the theme, then I agree with Jon and don't
> see the need for the patch. Putting the padding into the theme itself makes
> more sense to me, since the theme author will already appreciate what
> spacing works/doesn't work, for that specific device, for that specific
> theme.

I will admit that putting it into the theme makes it more annoying for
users to modify, but then they will have to do it anyway for any theme
which uses skined lists (as this patch would break all themes if it
wasnt ignored by skins, which iiuc it is).
However, that is a very fixable solution, either in code at parse (or
even run)time, or with a script on the PC to modify a skin file (or a
plugin on the DAP).
Further, the internal sbs is already autogenerated from the user
settings, so even if this (mis)feature was really wanted, all it would
require is the setting and half a dozen lines in
apps/gui/statusbar-skinned.c (in sb_create_from_settings() ) to setup
the list viewport correctly. This would also then allow
apps/gui/bitmap/list.c to be heavily butchered as *all* lists would be
drawn by the skin which means much cleaner code and no more code
duplication.

Jonathan