Subject: Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

From: Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 22:31:35 +0200

On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 09:47:38PM +1100, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> On 8 October 2011 05:18, Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org> wrote:
> This is the wrong patch for 2 reasons:
> 1) this can already be done in the themes

I disagree with this reason for two reasons:
1) While it's true that there has been work in that direction, I don't
   think it's entirely fair to say it can be done today. Skinnable
   viewports still have some issues, and I'm not convinced we have all
   infrastructure in place to fully implement the default lists.

2) Unless the setting itself stays, this would require hand-editing
   themes to change the spacing. I don't think colour and font settings
   are useless, and this is really the same thing.

> 2) the only reason this is wanted at all is because Raaa doesnt use
> native lists. The effort shold be put into making native lists work
> (which is trivial once someone figures out how to draw the List in the
> Canvas rockbox uses. androids list api and rockbox's is pretty
> similiar (similar enough that a mostly thin wrapper is all that is
> needed).

Maybe. Has someone done the work though?

Frank