Subject: Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

From: Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 12:03:43 +0200

Am 09.10.2011 09:38, schrieb Jonathan Gordon:
> 30min of fiddling around, attached is the screenshot from the e200 sim
> and the patch to do it, notice there is no code needed anywhere
> outside of the skin engine (infact its only done there because that
> pulls in the generated .sbs if none is specified). No actual code
> needs changing.
>
> Notes about the screenshot:
> * I'm not sure why the images arent being displayed, that might be a
> skin engine bug, more likely PEBCAK.
> * Gradient isnt completly setup in that example

Thanks for this, this actually proves that the skin engine is largely
unable to do it currently.

Except for the points you mentioned, if you tried it on a touchscreen
target (what this patch is all about) you would have realized that this
is completely broken (no kinetic scrolling, no scrollbar, no list title,
I even got it to crash).

That the line selector draws over the line and not only the text is a
significant portion of the patch which is needed in any event.

FWIW, even if the skin engine would be able to do it. This patch isn't
about theming. It makes Rockbox usable independantly of the current
theme (though, it doesn't prevent themes from overriding it).

Best regards.