Subject: Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

From: Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 04:12:47 -0400

I'm confused.
So, skinned lists already implement a padding feature (it may be incomplete
or buggy, but we'll get to that).
The proposal is to introduce equivalent/similar functionality into the core.
Rockbox will then have two implementations, one that people can choose to
use when skinning, as well as a separate setting that 'just works' even if
you don't use themes.

Realistically, how many users use rockbox without a theme? Could the theme
functionality be improved/expanded to address the concerns with the existing
implementation?

If not (if people really use rockbox without themes, but find the need this
specific functionality) could the implementations not be unified in some
way? Does rockbox really need two implementations of (as I understand it)
the same functionality?

Clearly I must be missing/misunderstanding something, but not clear what.