Subject: Re: My view on Rockbox for Android

Re: My view on Rockbox for Android

From: Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 11:27:26 +0200

Am 10.10.2011 11:05, schrieb Alex Parker:
> On 10/10/11 10:03, Björn Stenberg wrote:
>> Rockbox on Android is a complex topic,
>>

> I agree with all that.

I too[1], and I try to work towards that goal of a compelling default
user experience (in the first 15s).

> I want the context menu to be a dialog, showing the previous screen behind it. I think that would make it a lot less confusing.

I'd like that too, but it seems difficult to implement.

I'd like to add that it's worthwhile to invest into our UI code. We
shouldn't forget that android isn't the only touch-enabled target. We
should have something workable on other touch targets as well.

*: Except I find cabbie a nice theme even on android, however there are
many fine themes possible so all well if we find something different.