Subject: Re: My view on Rockbox for Android

Re: My view on Rockbox for Android

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:39:48 +1100

On 10 October 2011 20:27, Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org> wrote:
> I'd like to add that it's worthwhile to invest into our UI code. We
> shouldn't forget that android isn't the only touch-enabled target. We should
> have something workable on other touch targets as well.

HELLO! I don't think we've met. My name is Jonathan and I've been
secretly working on the UI for the last year or so :)
As of now the skin engine knows exactly which screen has focus (err of
the list of 16 or so avilable) and with nothing more than an sbs I
should be able to implement the context menu dialog Bjorn wants (with
the exception of the touch feedback colouring). The entire UI is now
skinnable to whatever the user wants with very fine grained control.
And anything that it cant do can be added with a few lines in the skin
engine draw code.

I admit there are some unimplemented things which need fixing, but
please don't go blaming rockbox's look on the lack of themeability.

I've been slowly trying to move all GUI drawing from hard coded c to
dynamic drawing with the skin engine. The remaining screens are pretty
much the graphic EQ, colour chooser (no real point there), and the
recording screen.