Subject: Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

Re: FS#12321 - Touchscreen: List line padding, to more easily select lines

From: Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:53:07 +0200

Am 10.10.2011 09:08, schrieb Björn Stenberg:
> The comments in this thread suggest the unskinned lists and the
> skinned lists are not handled by the same code, and don't get the same
> behaviour. Is this correct? If so, why?

I sense there is some opposition.

I agree it's less than ideal that there are two list implementations,
and I see the skin engine eventually taking things over.
But as of now there just are two implementations, and the classic lists
aren't going to go away very soon. Plus the skinned lists have bugs and
are imcomplete/not capable enough yet. Until that's worked out I'd still
like to see my patch in for the meantime since it does improve usablity
a lot _now_. Additionally, like 80% of it (the low level lcd changes and
the setting) need to be implemented for the skinned lists too and I
can't promise I can work on the skin engine much (completely new code
for me since the remake).

PS: I would have appreciated to know earlier that the classic list is
effectively closed for development and deprecated.

Best regards.