Subject: Re: Ladies and gentlemen, we have sound on HiFiMan HM-601.

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, we have sound on HiFiMan HM-601.

From: Rocker <>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:03:55 -0600

: "mat" <> wrote on Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:46
"Ladies and gentlemen, we have sound on HiFiMan HM-601.

> I'm announce it with some delay cause I didn't know about this tradition
> till now.
> The first time HM-601 played was on the 10.10.2011, but playback speed was
> little bit accelerated.
> The first time DAP played with normal speed was 13.10.2011.
> The first track was Abney Park - The End of Days.
> Thanks to Marcin Bukat for help."
**Wow the more I read about this player, the more I am excited about the
progress of the rockbox poert. My concern and perhaps question is if
Rockbox will maintain the sound signature of this player wich is supposed to
be extra-ordinary using the stock firmware. I don't want to shell out the
coin if the legendary sound signature will be compremised by rockbox.
FYI: According to
The internal flash is now at 8GB so with a class 4 HCSD, we are looking at
40gig of storage!
I know the stock answer for this question, but I will still like to see
progress reports on this port so if someone can refresh my memory and point
me to the progress web URL I would apprecieate it...rocker