Subject: Re: fredwbauer: r30826 - in trunk: apps apps/gui firmware firmware/export

Re: fredwbauer: r30826 - in trunk: apps apps/gui firmware firmware/export

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 01:03:17 +1100

On 26 October 2011 00:52, Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org> wrote:
> Am 25.10.2011 15:40, schrieb Jonathan Gordon:
>>
>> There is an argument that setuifont() must call lcd_setfont(), but if
>> setfont() sets global_status that would be wrong. Proof of that is
>> what should global_status.font_id[SCREEN_MAIN] be set to after a call
>> to screens[SCREEN_MAIN].setfont(FONT_UI) ?
>>

> I thought FONT_UI doesn't exist anymore, because the id isn't constant
> anymore. There comes my confusion from.

Well, some constant is needed for everything to be able to ask for the
setting font, and FONT_UI is annoyingly everywhere already.

> On a slightly related note: Why is the font id in global_status, and not
> e.g. a member of the screen_access api? IMO it would make more sense in the
> latter seeing that font getters/setters are also there.

There is really no difference, global_status was a convenient place to
put it, putting it in the screen_access struct *might* mean it will be
in the cache when accessed, perhaps. This is very hair-splitting,
though if whoever gets to commiting wants to do that I have no
objection.