Subject: Re: saratoga: r30837 - in trunk: apps apps/lang manual/configure_rockbox

Re: saratoga: r30837 - in trunk: apps apps/lang manual/configure_rockbox

From: Magnus Holmgren <magnushol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 07:39:00 +0200

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 06:25, Mike Giacomelli <giac2000_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Unless i'm missing something, the samples are interleaved, so we can't just
> swap the pointers.  We could offset the pointer one, but we'd lose a sample
> and perhaps introduce a gap.

I'm pretty sure the internal format still is non-interleaved. E.g.,
check the functions used by sample_input_new_format. Also, functions
like channels_process_sound_chan_mono_left wouldn't work well with
interleaved data. By the way, that function should be possible to
optimize that to pointer copying too, I think; if it works for mono
input (see sample_input_gt_native_mono) it should work here too.

--
  Magnus