Subject: Re: Working towards skin engine 2.0 (includes RFC on code!)

Re: Working towards skin engine 2.0 (includes RFC on code!)

From: Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 15:09:01 +0100

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 12:17:02AM +1100, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure what to do about the conversion macros. I am
> going to keep the OFFSETTYPE() one (though open to a better name)
> because it is helpful).

Is it really? I can't say I'm convinced,

If someone could come up with a way to make OFFSETTYPE() actually *do*
something (a clever way to do type checking, maybe), I'd agree. The way
it stands now it's just as easy to overlook as a comment when changing
things, and *nothing* will complain (the thing given there doesn't even
have to be a valid type...).

Frank