Subject: FS#12376 - New batch of icons

FS#12376 - New batch of icons

From: Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 21:50:02 +0100

Hello folks,

I'm planning to commit some new icons for color displays, with the main
purpose to add better looking (by alpha blending) and bigger (e.g. for
RaaA or other higher res screen like ipod video) ones.

These are transparent images. Therefore they use more memory (25%) and
are a bit slower to draw. But I don't expect this to be a problem: ram
usage for 12x12 is still smaller than with the hardcoded 24x24 buffer
prior icons-on-buflib. Also we can afford some tiny slow down, with GUI
boost anyway.

It's impossible to support bigger sizes as the sources of the existing
images are gone and upscaling from 12x12 isn't going to work. The new
icons are generated from SVG. Everything to do that is going to be added
to svn, so they can be easily re-generated.

So in the end they look better and are easier to maintain. Thus, unless
there's opposition I'm going to commit them by this weekend.

Best regards.