Subject: Re: 3.10: Shut down menu entry

Re: 3.10: Shut down menu entry

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:14:05 +1100

On 30 November 2011 07:23, Thomas Jarosch <tomj_at_simonv.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just given rockbox 3.10RC0 a spin and I really like
> the way it improved on touchscreen targets like the Nokia N900.
>
> This is probably thanks to kugel's "list spacer" patch.
>
> One small thing lacking for a nice out-of-the-box experience is
> a "Shut down" root menu entry. Support for that is already in rockbox
> and built if the target is an "Archos Player".
>
> [Saint] posted a patch to enable the "Shut down" menu
> entry for all targets: http://pastebin.com/0dTBEnd4
>
> Any chance we can squeeze something like this in for 3.10
> or is it already too late in the RC phase?
>
> Do we want this for all targets or just for RaaA?
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas

This seems to be one of those annoying arguments which goes on forever
because noone can really agree on it.
I don't see the need for a shutdown menu item, but I know people swear
by it, so if it went in the System menu (even though I'd prefer that
dissapeared) or we made it possible to go in the shortcut menu I'd be
happy.