Subject: Re: plugins

Re: plugins

From: Thomas Martitz <kugel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 21:47:11 +0100

Am 02.02.2012 21:08, schrieb Marcin Bukat:
> 2) Relax the requirements for target to become stable. I mean we could
> agree on minimal subset of plugins (and documentation in manual)
> needed for a given port to fulfill stable criteria. Rockbox is about
> playing music and not playing games and watching rotating cube after
> all.

I didn't think "all plugins work perfectly" was a requirement for
stable...because that's an unreasonable one. I agree that plugins are
not nearly as important as playback abilities.

In that sense I would tend to agree. But who decides which subset? I
think we want at least some (useful) plugins, otherwise we end up with
stable ports which have 0 plugins (+ some test plugins perhaps). Maybe
those we work with PLA and/or don't need bitmaps. Or a list of the most
useful ones (something what I would like for RaaA too).

Best regards.