Subject: Re: PP502x cache bug and ATA DMA test build

Re: PP502x cache bug and ATA DMA test build

From: David Hall <dmhall_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 07:57:25 -0500

Sansa E200 2GB, original everything. NO SD card inserted if that is
relevant.

PP Version: PP5022C
Est. clock (kHz): 30675

Running unaltered.mi4:
Pass: 0
Exiting, 30 mismatches

Running (default) modified build:
Hmm, after a few minutes, always when I'm not looking, it shuts down.

Idle power off is set for 30 minutes and it's happening much before that.

Passes come much faster than on my iPods.

Device is unresponsive to holding the "play" button to quit.

If I keep tapping the "play" button to keep the backlight on I get up to
105 passes before I tire of it.

Hmm, maybe it isn't shutting down, just VERY slow to turn the backlight
back on. Nope - somewhere within 5 minutes of the backlight going off
it shuts down.