Subject: AMSv2 USB

From: Frank Gevaerts <>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 01:03:17 +0100

It appears the new rockbox utility installs bootloaders on AMSv2 that
boot rockbox by default when USB is detected.

This basically means that for people installing 3.10, USB is broken
when they plug in the device while it's switched off. This is the way
*many* users use USB, which explains why so many people (both on irc
and on the forums) have problems lately.

Since USB was enabled on trunk to evaluate how well USB works, without
knowing if it will even be enabled in the next release, I must say I
fail to understand why mkamsboot got changed.

This really needs to get fixed somehow.

Can people who need to make similar changes in the future *please* try
to remember that we have a stable release that needs to work, and figure
out a decent migration plan first?