Subject: RE: AMSv2 USB

RE: AMSv2 USB

From: Mike Giacomelli <giac2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:30:07 -0700

> Since USB was enabled on trunk to evaluate how well USB works, without
> knowing if it will even be enabled in the next release, I must say I
> fail to understand why mkamsboot got changed.

I think the problem is that we did a release of rbutil that finally started installing the new bootloader but that defaults to installing the old release.

> This really needs to get fixed somehow.

I guess it'll get fixed when 3.11 comes out.

> Can people who need to make similar changes in the future *please* try
> to remember that we have a stable release that needs to work, and figure
> out a decent migration plan first?

I think to make this happen would have required releasing an official bootloader to go with each release. Otherwise either release users or current build users will get the wrong bootloader. We don't currently do that.

I guess another option would be to have rbutil show an alert if someone's installing a build without USB support. We seem to have this problem quite a lot.